Sunday, December 22, 2013

The Studio - Guest Bedroom

The upstairs bedrooms had lots of cracks in the plaster in both the ceilings and walls.  The dilemma was whether to completely re-plaster the walls or to fix the cracks.  We opted to just fix the cracks which is tricky because the walls aren't completely smooth so we used brushes on the wet plaster to simulate a slightly textured look.  We are not going for perfection here unless we get bored and decide to do it over!


This is the unique antique bed we got on Craigslist.  It has a very pretty but subtle red paint.  I did two colors on the walls - a mix of Ginger Lemon and Apricot on two walls and then the Apricot alone on two walls.  It worked really well with the yellowish cast of the pine wood.  I used the curtains as my initial inspiration. I bought this material at a flea market and my mom sewed them for me.  (Originally for my house in Stamford which had a cute dining area with walls painted a Buttercream Yellow).  In our downstairs bedroom we had the electricians install the electric boxes for our sconces but when I found out how common this type of sconces are with the wires we just plugged them in under the bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment