Thursday, May 2, 2013

Getting ready for kitchen cabinets



Clearly this is a very self indulgent blog- I really just want to remember my thought process in picking the colors for our kitchen.


The first thing I ever painted in this new house was the pantry - I picked a color called Homestead Green by Benjamin Moore - basically because it matched the original color of the pantry VERY closely.  This was after hours and hours of stripping the wallpaper.  So many suggestions here - vinegar, Downy softener.....pick and peel and do it again wow did they have some strong glue.

I am not really a green person but this is in the blue/green family and very pretty.  The pantry is in the back of this shot.  The next nook is the kitchen "office".  For this small area we picked "Hemlock" which is a dark blue.  Really pretty color!

 I was not considering bringing the Homestead Green color into the kitchen but after a failed attempt at introducing Citroen - it just became easier to choose a known color.  We are putting the stove against the wall that has the chimney box from the other side.  We had hoped to expose the brick - too buried - so my husband had a great idea of painting it brick red - I love it.

No comments:

Post a Comment