Thursday, April 4, 2013

Electric is DONE!

Bringing our little house from the knob and tube to "present day" electric was MUCH more of an undertaking than I had expected.  And by more, I mean money, time and especially regulations.  I had hoped to just replace the existing plugs with upgrades, get some recessed lighting in the kitchen, add some lights in the basement and call it a day.  Not even close.  I came to find out that every single wall requires a receptacle, etc., etc.  Initially I felt bitter about cutting holes in all our plaster walls......(hmm, maybe I'm still bitter) but it is complete and we have everything we could ever want including sconces in our bedroom and over our fireplace.  They had to add an electric box to get all this stuff in (pic).  Grett Electric (especially Mike) worked really hard and Elmer was always willing to answer questions patiently.  Thank you!  Let there be light at the end of the tunnel.

No comments:

Post a Comment